ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY HOSTING
Our servers boast super-fast speeds and are designed to impressive environmental and security standards.
BENEFITS OF OUR HOSTING SERVICES
Australian based servers and support team (Melbourne).
- Scalable. Our setup allows you to upgrade or downgrade at any time. That way you can start small, and grow bigger as your business grows.
- Fast, redundant RAID SSD Storage. The RAID arrays can suffer multiple hard disk failures without or downtime loss of data.
- 100% dedicated RAM (Memory). We don’t risk overcommitment with Burstable or Shared RAM.
- Guaranteed share of CPU (Processor) cycles.
- 24 x 7 x 365 Service Monitoring.
WHERE ARE THE SERVERS LOCATED?
All the servers are located in the OmniConnect Data Centre (OCDC). It is strategically located 35km outside of the CBD ‘risk zone’.
OCDC was built to be environmentally responsible by choosing ‘green’ technologies, including efficient fresh air cooling, its own rainwater collection and filtration system, and a solar array that can at times supply up to 100% of critical IT power requirements.
Secured by RFID readers and biometric locks on all doors and spiked full perimeter fence and gates, OCDC access is always escorted by OmniConnect staff to provide our customers with the security they require. Remotely accessible security surveillance cameras are installed at all points of entry and exit.
The temperature in the technical space stays at 22°C (±2°C), with a humidity range of 50% (±10%). Fire detection and suppression equipment, power generators in conjunction with city power are all included and tested regularly.
The data centre is built to Tier III standard, which includes:
- redundant power, cooling and network;
- redundant diesel generators and battery UPS;
multi-homed with Optus, Telstra and PIPE;
The only exception to complete Tier III is the lack of raised flooring, as the design for cooling in the data centre was improved by having solid flooring.
The facility features multiple redundant connections to peering partners, ensuring multiple routes are always available. The network hardware is configured appropriately for 24 x 7 x 365 operation.